Two decades ago, the Lee Vista area was nothing but cow pastures. Since then, it’s become a close-knit community that local and national restaurants and retailers call home. Surrounded by a satellite of lakes, the area is a natural playground for swimmers, runners, bicyclists, and waterskiers. And it’s close to the ocean and airport as well as nightlife in Orlando and Lake Nona, which are both nearby. But if you don’t feel like the drive, you can always stay close to home and knock one back at Marlow’s Tavern, the area’s local bar and grill.
Did You Know?
- Zip code: 32829
- Total homes sold in 2016: 412
- Median home price 2016: $199,900
- Average home price 2016: $211,247
- 14 neighborhoods (Amhurst, Avon, Carlisle, Central Park, Champlain, Colonie, Gentry Park, Horizons, Melrose, Newport, Pembroke, Warwick, Waverly, Windsor)
- 80-acre lake: Vista Lake is a great spot to fish, canoe, or relax (in adjacent Vista Lake Park)
- 3 neighborhood parks: Amhurst Park, Vista Lake, Milford Haven Place Park in Newport
- 1 soccer field
- 1 Little League-sized baseball/softball field
- Amenities include: three pools (wading, recreational, and lap), fitness center, pavilion, two lighted tennis courts, and Residents’ Club (all for residents)
- 3 highly rated schools
- Housing options include: single family homes, townhomes, condos, and apartments
Lee Vista Infographic
Feel free to use our infographic in your own blog or social media post. All we ask is you link back to this post. Thanks!
This article appears in the October 2017 issue of Central Florida Monthly Magazine. The free publication is distributed in Lake Nona, Lee Vista, Harmony, Conway, St. Cloud, and Kissimmee via direct mail (30 thousand copies), email (20 thousand subscribers), social media (thousands of followers) and the Social, CFM’s signature networking event. Download the digital issue here.